Prior to adding Paul Mitchell Cream Developer:
- As a general use guideline, for each 30ml/30 gr of selected shade, add the amount of intensifier specified
- Paul Mitchell The Color XG Intensifiers do not alter processing time
- If using Intensifiers on levels 8 and above, use a pea sized amount, using more will deliver extremely vivid results
- When using Intensifiers on levels 9-12, expect extremely vivid results
The only time you need an Intensifier to neutralize while lifting is in extreme cases. Mostly they are used to add intensity or vibrancy. The color shade formulations themselves are created to provide 'neutralization' of contributing dominant pigment while lifting. e.g., the Ash Series. Additional green or blue really shouldn't need to be added to a formula to create a natural result when lifting., as those tones are contained in the regular color series.
If you are considering use of an Intensifier to neutralize when lifting, it would be under an extreme condition (e.g., natural red hair). Consider not just the dominant pigment at the desired result level, but also at the starting level.
- If you are lifting from a level 4 to a level 7, you would select the Green Intensifier to add to your formula
- If you are lifting from a level 5 to a level 8, you would select the Blue Intensifier to add to your formula
- If you are lifting from a level 6 to a level 9, you would select the Violet Intensifier to add to your formula.